Broadcasting Career Statistics
- Keen job competition can be expected, especially in major metropolitan areas.
- Most entry-level jobs are found at smaller broadcast stations.
- Job prospects are best for those with college degrees and/or relevant work experience.
- Broadcasters sometimes have to relocate find a better job.
- The Federal Communications Commission's current goal is to have all stations broadcasting exclusively in digital signals by 2007. TV owners with traditional analog TVs will then need a converter to receive the digital broadcasts. This new technology is often referred to as HDTV - high-definition television.
- Although the work is highly stressful and requires long hours, most people find the excitement of broadcasting makes up for it.